SIPS (Structural Insulated Panels) For Roofs
Conventional pre-built roof trusses hinder the home or building’s energy saving performance because they fail to leave enough space at the eaves for adequate insulation. It’s difficult, if not impossible, to insulate the space where the side walls and the roof of the home intersect.
Extreme SIP roofs have few areas for typical stick frame roof air penetrations and are comprised of one or two large panel sizes, which can speed the assembly process significantly. The high thermal values and strength properties of Extreme SIPs are extremely beneficial for roof construction which is subject to severe dimensional constraints, the largest indoor/outdoor temperature differences, and are typically the most difficult area to insulate using standard frame insulating methods. Extreme’s pre-insulated SIPs offer an option for a high performance roof framing solution.
SIP Roofs have Extreme advantages over traditional framed roofs.
- Large spans don’t require truss systems
- Extreme insulation up to R-48!
- Exceptional load capacities for snow and other conditions that mother nature throws our way
- Fast installation time, large panels assemble like a jig saw puzzle extremely quickly
- Minimal requirements for skilled framing labor
- Factory engineered and precut per floor plans, all but eliminating measuring or cutting material for roof structures
- Integrated sheathing and roof deck for a one stop roof framing product.
- Healthier indoor environment – resists mold